Friday 15 March 2013

Easter Treats...

In the latest "Next" Magazine I found a drool-inducing recipe for  Chocolate Salted Caramel Truffle 'eggs' for Easter.  It sounded too easy to be true, so today I gathered together my ingredients to give them a go...

Firstly, the ingredients - dark chocolate, caramel condensed milk, cream, vanilla extract and sea salt flakes.

Melt the chocolate and cream in a bowl over a pot of simmering water.

Stir in the caramel, vanilla extract and salt (I did add a pinch of extra salt after tasting)

Cool in the fridge for a couple of hours.

Roll in cocoa powder or chocolate sprinkles (I combined the two).

I've made a small bowl to take to a friend's tonight - they'll be the ultimate taste-testers.  I have enough ganache left to make about 30 of these beauties!  I don't think they'll be egg shaped, but the longer the ganache is chilled, the easier it is to shape.  Obviously they need to be stored in a fridge to keep.  The magazine didn't say for how long, but I think they'd last a few days okay.  Let's face it, they're too delectable to hang around for very long un-eaten! So I'll have to make this batch up and share at work.

However, it is so simple, easy and cheaper than easter eggs, I think I might be doing another batch well before Easter!

The Final Product!






1 comment: